Consumer Directed Care in Aged and Community Care – Policy to Practice
Offering people more control and choice in determining their aged and community care services, the settings they receive them in and who they receive them from is a sound policy setting, but what does that mean in practice?
What have we learnt so far in Australia in the Home and Community Care sector, what are some of the international learnings from implementation and research, how might that shape our Residential Care Service settings in the future?
In this presentation from Australian Healthcare Week 2017, Kevin Mercer, Chief Executive Aged & Community Care, Mercy Aged Care, explores:
- Key principles of the Consumer Directed Care policy
- Our Home and Community Care experience since July 2014
- International research scan and experiences
- ACU/Mercy Health Collaborative Research of CDC in
- Residential Aged Care
- Possibilities for the future
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.