The Queensland Health ICT Strategy
Queensland Health has developed a strategy for health ICT and eHealth that calls for an investment of more than $1.2 billion over the next 20 years, including $730 million for clinical software such as a new patient administration system, rolling out the Cerner integrated electronic medical record (iEMR) to 21 more hospitals and the renewal of the ageing Auslab statewide pathology system.
In this presentation by Michael Walsh, Director-General, Queensland Health, explores:
- A $179 million commitment to the state-wide roll-out of clinical and administrative support systems
- Considerations on the vendor selection process
- Update on the phased introduction of the Cerner iEMR and the MetaVision intensive care clinical system
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital digital transformation
- The integration and interoperability challenge
- Technology platform improvements to cater for an increasingly mobile workforce
- Next steps
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.