Dan Levitt MSc. CHE.
Tabor Home Society (Canada)
9:00 AM Opening Remarks from the Chair
9:30 AM Opening Remarks from the Chair
9:40 AM INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: New Strategies and Innovations to Engage Seniors in Eldercare
The aim of this interactive keynote is to start a new conversation that reframes elderhood as an exciting stage in human growth and development. This session will provide inspiration, insight and a new lens to view housing and care as a spring board for the greatest chapter in life. Key topics will include:
• How are global trends in aged care changing? How will care in the nursing home of the future change in response?
• How does the new model differ from Aged Care in the past? What benefits does it provide seniors, their families, and the broader community?
• Reworking models of care is an expensive and lengthy process. What benefits do renewed approaches give aged care providers?
• What challenges does a shift in culture and care delivery models pose? How did you work to overcome these?
• What does the future hold for frail elders in regards to aged care delivery?