Chief Executive Officer, Bendigo Health and Executive Director Bendigo Hospital Project
4:00 PM CASE STUDY: Examing the Operational, Commissioning and Change Management Challenges of the New Bendigo Hospital in the PPP Context
The $630 Million Bendigo Hospital Project is the largest regional hospital development in Victoria, incorporating the latest design and technology solutions and due for completion mid-2018. Commissioning the largescale transition from a low-tech to state-of-the-art clinical digital environment poses multiple operational and logistical challenges, with effective change management being absolutely fundamental for supporting this change.
- Overview of the new Bendigo Hospital development
- Overcoming challenges around commissioning a complex digital environment with particular challenges around preparing and upskilling the workforce
- Whole of life procurement in the PPP context – communicating effectively with the private partner and challenges around procuring and delivering the project on time and on budget
- Change management activities and mechanisms were put in place, including change champions, help portals, extensive training programs and tool kits
2:20 PM CASE STUDY: Embedding Benefits Realisation in Overall Strategy to Evaluate and Realise the Benefits of Your EMR Implementation
Successful delivery of EMR is inherently linked to benefits realisation. Bendigo Health regards it as a key business function integral to developing their business case. They defined relevant and measurable benefits supported by baseline data across the domains of financial, safety and quality and operational improvement. Benefits realisation is a useful tool
for estimating what they could derive through the implementation of the EMR in relation to these benefits.
- Benefits realisation process for EMR implementation – overview and main learnings through process
- Defining the benefit –the single biggest learning and single biggest trip-wire
- Benchmarking their system for monitoring and measuring benefits against external bodies
- Embedding Benefits Realisation Monitoring (BRM) into core business processes