Dr Parisa KouchakiData Scientist
10:10 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Opportunities for Big Data and Clinical Analytics to Deliver Better Health Outcomes
Big Data and clinical analytics will change the way healthcare is practised and delivered. Greater exploration in how we can appropriately and innovatively apply the concepts and technologies of the information age to improve health must be every organisation’s driving ambition.
• What are the opportunities and challenges for big data and clinical analytics to improve decision making and healthcare outcomes?
• Is your workforce appropriately skilled to be able to utilise, understand and leverage Big Data?
• Data governance and cyber security measures need to be considered when managing Big Data
- Natural language processing (NLP) is a discipline of computer science describing the process of using of computer algorithms to extract meaning from unstructured written input
- In the healthcare industry, NLP has many potential applications as healthcare information systems collect massive amounts of textual data about claims, patients, visits, prescriptions, physician notes and more. Insights extracted from these data could lead to enhanced healthcare quality, development of clinical and research initiatives, and lower costs
- It is now possible to summarize the lengthy blocks of a clinical note by identifying key concepts and to improve clinical data integrity by mapping unstructured text to structured fields and many others