Chief Executive Officer
Glenview Community Services (Tasmania)
9:10 AM KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Dementia Village Reflecting a Small-Town Settling – An interpretation of International Best-Practice Models
Glenview Community Services is transforming a derelict site at Glenorchy into what will be Australia’s first suburban village uniquely designed for individuals living with dementia. The design cleverly adapts international best practiced models, including De Hogeweyk village in the Netherlands, where residents have been found to live longer and take fewer medications. The premise of their design is to create de-stressed environments and give individuals living with dementia and their families the opportunity to enjoy ‘real’ life experiences and personalised living. In this session, Lucy will provide insight on this innovative model of care and discuss:
- Their experience visiting international best practice models that are a reflection of real life, had a positive impact on residents and their families, and encouraged a mobility and independence
- Key considerations and principles for planning and designing this unique environment to create familiarity for Tasmanian residents
- How can we measure happiness?
Aged care has become increasing consumer-centric with Stage 2 of the CDC reform being extended to June 2020. The next wave of reform intends to integrate the Home Care Packages Programme and the Commonwealth Home Support Programme into a single care at home programme to further simplify the way that services are delivered and funded. Are we ready for what’s next?
- Leaders’ role in leading a culture for change in this highly competitive and changing environment
- Implementing efficiencies through procurement – Driving productivity, cost and energy efficiencies through regular review of your pricing structure and contracts
- Leading a change in perception to erode the stigma on working in a nursing home environment and attract and retain the younger generation